1 3 Days until May 9 Limited Uniform Elections
Polls open 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
HEY, YOU HAVE RIGHTS!
As a registered voter in Texas, you have the right to:
- A ballot with written instructions on how to cast a ballot.
- Ask the polling place official for instructions on how to cast a ballot (but not suggestions on how to vote).
- Cast your vote in secret and free from intimidation.
- Receive up to two more ballots if you make a mistake while marking the ballot.
- Bring an interpreter to assist you as you qualify to vote if you do not understand the English language.
- Help to cast your ballot if you cannot write, see the ballot, or understand the language in which it is written.
- Report a possible voting rights abuse to the Secretary of State (1.800.252.8683) or to your local election official.
- Cast a provisional ballot if your name does not appear on the list of registered voters or you do not have proper identification.
- Vote once at any early voting location during the early voting period within the territory conducting the election.
- File an administrative complaint with the Secretary of State concerning violations of federal and state voting procedures.
Switch to our desktop site
© 2012 Office of the Texas Secretary of State. All Rights Reserved.